Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm actually going to write this time because my iphone sucks and I hate it and its lousy picture quality......

I was at work today and became aware of a startling new fact that has been plaguing my mind. Well.... okay I guess I had realized this earlier on my own, but it is so different when it is pointed out to you by someone else! I was talking to someone at work today when the realization of "Oh, you are basically the only single girl I know..... so what's going on in your life?" Now, usually I would not care about this realization because I'm cool with what I'm doing in life. HOWEVER--- I started to think about all of my younger girlfriends that I work with. They are either married/engaged/ dating someone for the past 11 billionzillioninfinity years! I can't even live in the same place for 2 years without getting antsy! Now, I know this is a situation that many females experience at some point in there lives, but for some reason the last two hours of my work day were filled with emo-centric antics that went something like this:

1. I found my secret stash of chocolate cookies, brownies, bars, hard candies, lollipops that I had been saving for when I was wanting to be emo and get fat all at the same time. Of course I can't sit still at my desk, so I was walking around to other people's desks with a huge chocolate bar in my hand talking like this

Me: Whatcha doing? [huge bite out of chocolate bar] I'm walCCCCRRRRUUUNNNCCCHHH yum!!!

Other people: Um...Okay? I'm just doing my work like you should be doing.

Me: [another huge bite] CCCCCRRRRUUUNNNCCCCHHH..... see I'm cool! Who wouldn't want to hang out with the chick that has piles of chocolate hidden in her desk??????

Other people: .....what are you talking about?

Me: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

2. Obviously after you eat that much chocolate in a short amount of time you kinda go into a sugar coma. Then I became like this

I need to listen to Death Cab for Cutie nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sssssssllllllleeeeeeeeeeepppppppyyyyyyyyyyyy...........

3. Then the dreaded third stage: bitterness. I just started acting all bitter and telling everyone that I hated people.... you know, the usual. Then I stormed out of work like I was on some kind of mission and drove past Best Buy THREE TIMES before I finally figured out where the entrance to that shopping center was.

Moral of the story: Now that I have come back down to my "normal" self I have decided that I am, in fact, completely fine with the fact that I am different from others around me. I mean if I was married I couldn't/wouldn't dance outside in the parking lot when I get my favorite parking spot, or spend a lot of time working on my thesis (aka: coloring on random pieces of paper with Crayons), or having serious conversations in my head about why McDonald's french fries are a thousand times better than all other french fries, or trying to figure out creative ways of how to make people at work smile/laugh when they are feeling down, or get super mad at Best Buy for not having the CD that I want..... I DON'T CARE IF THAT CD CAME OUT IN 2003, YOU SELL MUSIC DON'T YOU????? OBVIOUSLY I DON'T WANT TO BUY IT ON THE INTERNET.... THAT IS WHY I CAME HERE!!!!

..........

Who am I kidding..... I would still do all that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment